Holistic Grief Integration
The early days following any sort of loss can be one of the most disorienting periods in one's life, whether that be because of a death; loss of health or ability; loss of community through migration or disaster; the end of a relationship or a phase of one's life. Similarly, when grief that was suppressed long ago resurfaces, it's common to experience the same emotional - as well as physical and physiological - disruptions in your daily life.
When feelings of anxiety, doubt, sadness, guilt, and anger are paired with lethargy, disorientation/listlessness, disrupted appetite, lack of focus, and muscle stiffness (to name a few), it can be very challenging to feel at home in your world, relate to others, and have an optimistic outlook on the future. Taking care of yourself is of utmost importance during this vulnerable time of personal transformation. The purpose of a Holistic Grief Integration Session is to help you connect with your internal landscape and inner resources.
A Holistic Grief Integration Session offers you a wide variety of perspectives and practices to help you think and feel your way through grief. These may include any or all of the following:
- Yoga: A combination of soothing and activating meditation techniques that involve harmonizing all aspects of your being through intention breath, movement, and introspection
- Cranial Massage: Light-touch therapy that relaxes the entire body via acupressure points on the scalp, face, and neck
- Co-creation of ritual and/or artwork
Each session is 90 minutes, and consists of the following elements, not necessarily in consecutive order:
- Origin: Sharing the story - the people, events, and decisions that brought you to where you are now.
- Clarity: Assessing your needs and desires in the present moment.
- Experience: Exploring past experiences as influences upon your present reality through a compassionate and non-judgemental lens.
- Vision: Integrating thoughts and emotions into a balanced, functional, and enthusiastic perspective on the future.
All sessions include a free, no-obligation phone, Skype, or email consultation to assess your needs.
Holistic Grief Integration Sessions are held in a holistic therapy office in the Kitsilano neighbourhood of Vancouver, BC (unceded Coast Salish territory). Saturday bookings only.
If you are financially limited, please write to me explaining your situation, and we will figure it out together. Contact me here to book an appointment or ask a question.